Saturday, January 21, 2012

Book #1 of 2012-Done!

I finished reading Bungalow by Sarah Jio, and it was good. It was a mix of The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks, and a mystery. It is set during the war in the South Pacific, and two friends (nurses) end up in Bora Bora. Something awful happens, and the story unfolds quickly. The ending is heart-warming, and the story had unexpected twists and turns. It was a delightful first read. I would definitely pick up a book by this author in the future. I never got the chance to meet her in Pasadena, but one day I hope to!

Next up...The Fault in our Stars by John Green which has gotten some recent acclaim. That worries me a bit because of hype that surrounded Tiger's Wife, and I couldn't get through the whole book. No matter, I will give The Fault in our Stars an unbiased start.

Oddly, I bought the newest book (Fault) after reading Amazon reviews, and ran to Target where there were...wait for it...signed copies by the author. At Target! Now I will not have to look up any appearances to have my copy signed. Hope you are enjoying the first day of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment