Sunday, October 28, 2012

Girl Unmoored

Today also brings you a post on a book I finished a couple weeks back (gah, so behind!). I read Girl, Unmoored by Jennifer Gooch Hummer in two days. It was simply riveting. I cannot remember how I found out about this book, but no one warned me about needing tissues! I highly suggest you read it. I will, however, warn you to keep tissues at hand. It is the story of being an awkward girl, with no mother, and your dad struggling to make sense of his life without your mom. Don't all men replace their wonderful wives in a heartbeat? Maybe that is just my interpretation. (*whispers* it does happen). This girl becomes friends with two fellas who are charming. Whenever you have characters you fall in love with, an author usually keeps you on your toes by spelling disaster, which is exactly what happens. You will not be disappointed by this book. I think it is slated as YA, but who the heck cares? It is a gem. A sapphire, because it will leave you a little blue.


Happy Reading!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment