Hush Little Baby was a fantastic, page-turning saga that not only enthralls the reader, but sheds important light on the issue of domestic violence. Suzanne Redfearn has woven a story that holds the reader in rapture wanting to find out the fate of the characters in this story. Trust me when I tell you that you'll have a difficult time setting the book aside to go about your daily routine. I'll readily admit that domestic violence sits at the far recesses of my brain, and I don't think about it until it is thrust in front of me, on the pages of a book. With shades reminiscent of the movie Sleeping with the Enemy and Enough, you'll be wishing Gordon gets his ass kicked by his wife!
Here's a synopsis: Jillian Kane is a successful architect, with a seemingly loving husband and father, Gordon. With his job as a police officer, Gordon exerts power and control over the suspects he comes across, but no one is suspicious of his actions behind closed doors. When Jillian realizes that nothing will change who Gordon really is, and that one day he was capable of killing her and taking the kids from her, she decides to make a run for it with both of her children, Drew and Addie. Does Jillian have what it takes to save herself and her children, or will Gordon ultimately triumph? "Hush Little Baby skillfully explores how desperation drives the darker impulses of human nature, even within the hearts of those who appear to have it all."
I had the privilege of asking Suzanne to answer "5 Loves and a Bummer", and I know my wonderful blog readers will enjoy her answers as much as I did!
1. I love sitting on the couch watching my favorite shows with my family and my dog beside me.
2. I love going to an Angels game, sitting in the nose-bleed seats, and eating foot long hotdogs and Cracker Jacks.
3. I love surfing in the ocean and remembering how small I am and how miraculous the world is.
4. I love a day of no expectation then having something wonderful happen.
5. I love this journey, creating stories and characters and sharing them with the world, then hearing the amazing varied perspectives of the readers.
1. When my dog eats the package that the UPS man dropped on my porch because of a fierce canine notion he has that the brown-uniformed man and all that he delivers is evil.
To celebrate my love for you, dear reader, Suzanne has generously agreed to personally sign one copy for one lucky U.S. reader! Yay, you! Trust me, you do not want to miss out on this book! To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment below, and be sure to include your e-mail address in the body of the comment. You can use AT and DOT for your e-mail address to avoid the spammers! Good luck, loves!
Thanks again to Suzanne, and my friend Suzy, for an ARC of Hush Little Baby. Follow Suzanne on Facebook, and Twitter.