Monday, November 4, 2013

Rude Bitches Make Me Tired


Ladies and gentlemen, if you are looking for answers to your etiquette questions, and you want someone to just give it to you straight, look no further than Rude Bitches Make Me Tired by Celia Rivenbark. I'll admit I did enjoy reading You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl, but some of her other books were just ho-hum for me. Her honesty is refreshing, but her humor can be crass. My advice is, "lighten up people!" Then you'll be able to enjoy this book for what it is, a book about the do's and don'ts in life. 

For example:
Chapter 5: Gym Etiquette or, "pardon me, but is this your ass sweat?"
What to do about the lurker? You know, the one who waits right next to your gym equipment waiting for you to be done with your machine? You know you always want to tell them to buzz off, but is it their fault you take so long in between sets? Celia says, switch it up. Move on, and quit thinking you have a stalker-you don't. 

I used to teach spinning at the gym, and if there are any classes where faux pas occur, it would be in this class. Talk about ass sweat. Yuck! It always annoyed the heck out of me when people would listen to their iPods during class, and completely do their own thing. I mean, why even come to the class, hog a spot someone else wanted, and then act like an ass by listening to your iPod? Rude! I also taught Pilates, which really equated to only flatulence being the problem. I never had cell phone chatters as described in the book. Thank goodness. There is always a silver lining. Always!   

Chapter 8: Husbands and Wives: He may not be much, but he's YOUR tube sock filled with gravy.
You should be your spouse's greatest champion. Quit telling him he is a slob, and nagging at him for every little thing. 

Duly noted. Will do. I'm a work-in-progress people. 

My overall thoughts on this book is that there is potential for a lot of laughs, and you just need to take it with a grain of salt. Just laugh, and enjoy life. It's great advice for all of us. We could all lighten up a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment