Friday, April 3, 2015

I'll Give You The Sun


I'm in love with this cover art!


I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson was a book that I nearly gave up on. It was one of those reads that you don't know whether to love it, or leave it. I strongly considered leaving it, but I am thrilled to tell you that I loved it in the end. My perseverance (or stubbornness) prevented me from quitting this book. Thank Clark Gable! The two siblings in this book have lives so tightly wound together that they are inextricably linked to one another, even through tragedy. In the end, my heart swelled, and I felt satisfied. I found this under Young Adult, though I doubt I'd have put it there myself. Beautifully written.

"Jude and her twin brother, Noah, are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways . . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as someone else—an even more unpredictable new force in her life. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world."

Tales of the supernatural, same love, and art weave together a beautiful story by Jandy Nelson. Check it out!

Jandy Nelson
Twitter @JandyNelson

No comments:

Post a Comment