Monday, June 29, 2015

The Balance Project by Susie Orman Schnall


From author Susie Orman Schnall comes a book about learning to balance it all: family, career, and relationships. It begs an answer to the question "can we have it all?" Do we truly have the ability to keep everything running smoothly when we are busy and overstretched? This is the modern-day woman's facade of perfection. What you portray on social media becomes your existence. If it looks perfect, it must be perfect, right? 
I would love for you to read a synopsis of the book, and then share with you my thoughts on the book. 

Synopsis
"The Balance Project is a story of loyalty, choices, and balance that will resonate deeply with all women who struggle with this hot-button issue. Loyal assistant Lucy Cooper works for Katherine Whitney, who seems to have it all: a high-powered job at a multibillion-dollar health and wellness lifestyle company, a successful husband, and two adorable daughters. Now, with the release of her book on work-life balance, Katherine has become a media darling and a hero to working women everywhere. In reality, though, Katherine’s life is starting to fall apart, and Lucy is the one holding it all together, causing her own life―and relationship with her boyfriend Nick―to suffer. When Katherine does something unthinkable to Lucy, Lucy must decide whether to change Katherine’s life forever or continue being her main champion. Her choice will affect the trajectory of both of their lives and lead to opportunities neither one could have imagined."

My Thoughts
I truly believe the answer to the question "can we have it all?" is-yes. Let me explain before you jump up in protest! I believe "having it all" is a very subjective experience. What I believe to be a full life may be very different from someone else who believes that I do way too much in my life. If I listed off the many things I did within the span of a day, someone may take a deep breath and say "Whew! You do too much!" For me, this lifestyle is normal. I really enjoyed this book. It was well-written, an easy read, and an engaging story-line. This was the trifecta of perfection for me-a busy working mom. Please, indulge in this book on a towel or on a beach lounge somewhere. Sip your drink with an umbrella in it, and forget about your problems. I promise you (crosses heart), you will not be sorry. 


Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment