Sunday, January 3, 2016

Super Soul Sunday: Audiobook Edition

Audiobook Spotlight: The Power of I Am
This Super Soul Sunday (all credit due to Oprah for coming up with the title) is brought to you by The Power of I Am by Joel Osteen. As I sit and watch the show, and all of its wonderful spiritual leaders speaking words of truth that my heart and my brain begin to understand the world more acutely-I find myself grateful for my journey and the possibilities that 2016 holds.
Whatever follows the words "I am" will always come looking for you.

So, when you go through the day saying:
"I am blessed"...blessings pursue you.
"I am talented"...talent follows you.
"I am healthy"...health heads your way.
"I am strong"...strength tracks you down.

Joel Osteen reveals how THE POWER OF I AM can help you discover your unique abilities and advantages to lead a more productive and happier life. His insights and encouragement are illustrated with many amazing stories of people who turned their lives around by focusing on the positive power of this principle. You can choose to rise to a new level and invite God's goodness by focusing on these two words: I AM!

I have heard much criticism of Joel recently by church-going people who believe his opulent lifestyle makes him hypocritical. While I have pieces of that argument that I whole-heartedly agree with, I also think that most of us, given the money he earns would live similarly. I know that he has started from small roots, and has spread enormous wings in the world, and his influence is far-reaching. You cannot argue with the word spoken on this audiobook. It was uplifting and encouraging, and I felt rejuvenated and encouraged listening to it every day to and from work and other events that I had going on. I would highly recommend this audio to those who are looking for a new focus in 2016.

Thank you to Hachette Audio for this audio title which was given to me in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Happy Listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment