Friday, February 26, 2016

Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes

If you have not already had the chance to read Caroline Kepnes' YOU, hurry out and get yourself a copy. You will need to read the first one to make sense of just who Joe is in the novel. What makes this man tick is both twisted and seductive at the same time. First I must offer a warning, dear readers, about the graphic nature of what is featured in this novel. It is not for the faint of heart!

"YOU is a terrifying exploration of how vulnerable we all are to stalking and manipulation, debut author Caroline Kepnes delivers a razor-sharp novel for our hyper-connected digital age. You is a compulsively readable page-turner that’s being compared to Gone GirlAmerican Psycho, and Stephen King’s Misery." 

I know that grabs your attention, so I will continue with my caveat. There is foul and graphic language, and detailed descriptions of horrific events. All this to tell you that I really enjoyed reading them! There were times I thought to myself, "I should not be enjoying this as much as I am." These two novels were delicious, and I devoured them like a Sprinkles Red Velvet cupcake. Joe is the quintessential bad guy who looks good. While listening to the audio version of YOU, I was utterly mesmerized by Santino Fontana's narration of Joe's character, and I couldn't wait to finish the story. When I was finished, I could not contain my excitement at the thought of Joe's story having a continuance. Caroline Kepnes' portrayal of this crazed man is unparalleled in modern literature. These are two hot books that you should read, but consider yourself warned! Page-turning reading is up ahead.


You by Caroline Kepnes 

No comments:

Post a Comment