Thursday, February 11, 2016

Teacher Tip Thursday-Flippity Love

Bring in the technology that engages students, and provides teachers with the tools that are FREE and easy to use! For many years as a teacher I used so many different tools to be able to engage students in lessons, and have them interact with one another. Some of these tools were much more successful than others. I used popsicle sticks, playing cards, spoons, color groups...you name it, I have probably used it in my classroom. As we shift from a more "traditional" way of teaching, and by this I mean from the teacher as the "sage on the stage" to the "guide by the side", we must also shift the way we ask students to have meaningful interactions with one another. We need to incorporate more technologically saavvy ways for educators to generate groups, pairs, and interactions in and among students in their classrooms.

Introducing Flippity.net Random Name Generator!

You can choose to select a single student 


Groups of students

Pairs, Groups of Four

The possibilities are endless here! This tool uses a template through Google Sheets to record student names, and then you create this class portal of names for students to interact with! I am absolutely loving it, and so are the teachers in my district. Please let me know if you have any questions about Flippity, or if you have different ways you have been using this tool.

Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment