Thursday, June 18, 2015

#tbt to The Best Reading Challenge EVER!


As I mentioned in the Monday Run-Down post, I attended a fabulous party in New York that was held by author Laura Dave to celebrate the release of her newest book Eight Hundred Grapes (out soon!). While I was at the party, I met some wonderful bloggers who I have seen and interacted with on social media, but it was great to have the opportunity to meet them in real life! If you are a book blogger, or a book lover, I highly recommend attending BEA at least once in your lifetime. It was exhausting in the best possible way, and gave me the opportunity to share some amazing new books with you! Okay, so I will limit my babble to tell you about an exciting challenge coming out of a conversation I had with Laura's publicist, Marysue. We chatted about A.R., and promoting reading. of course it is no secret I am a reader, and with o without free books, I would be reading. I told her about my former school creating a 40 Book Challenge for students. The gist of the challenge was to promote reading within our school, and to encourage the students to increase the amount of books they read each year. For every book they read, they received a raffle ticket to win a set of books we housed in the office. It was amazing to see the look on the kids' faces when they would run their tickets up to the office to enter the raffle. In conversation with Marysue, I told her I really think a contest works well for adults too! So...thanks to generous publisher donations, I bring you the #1in1 and #15in15 challenge on Instagram.

The rules are simple:
1. Read one book this month (contest ends on the last day of the month)
2. Once you have finished reading, take a picture or screen shot of the book cover, and post it on Instagram or Twitter.
3. Hashtag #1in1 and #15in15 so I can find your post
4. Tag me @lilmommareader, as well as the publisher of the book
5. You can post twice a month for the contest, but feel free to enter as many times as you want!

The contest is on you honor, and I would love more than anything for everyone to win! The more you enter, the better your karma. Just sayin'....

Thank you Simon & Schuster for the books for our monthly giveaway.

To inspire you, please read this book! I recommend it all the time, to everyone I meet. It is one of my all-time faves!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment