Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Underside of Joy, Currently Reading

The Underside of Joy by Sere Prince Halverson starts out with a bang, and will have you wanting more from the get-go. As I am reading it, I find myself infuriated at the the birth mom. I cannot imagine how it would be to lose the one(s) I love, and try to pull myself together so no one thought I was not fit to be a mother. Already half way through, so stay tuned for my final write-up. Hope you are all enjoying this weekend.

Blessings,
Mel

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book -- it's one of my most favorites I have read in a long time! I cannot stand Paige! UGH! Found you from Liz and Lisa's awesome blog! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This link was on there? Ah-mazing!! Their site is awesome, and where I originally found you! :) You are an inspiration to me. Truly, from the bottom of my heart.

    As for the book, I loved it as well. Devoured it, actually. As for Paige, where do I start? Did you hate her even at the end? I felt like screaming at Ella, "stop taking the freaking Xanax!!!!" It was a page-turner, and had me thinking about myself in that situation. I quickly brush that off-too painful.

    I'm so excited you commented!

    ReplyDelete