Saturday, August 18, 2012

Book #21 of 2012-Done!

I just finished reading Wonder by R.J. Palacios, and it was a gem! I strongly encourage anyone who has school-age children, or even teenagers to read this book with their child/teen. The intended age for readers is "Middle Grades", but I think it is a message that all of us need to hear at any age. The resonant message is that when you are given the choice between being right, and being kind, always choose kind. 
"Greatness, lies not in being being strong, but in the right using of strength. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts." If we all chose to be a little nicer, I really do think the world would be a better place. not perfect, just better. Maybe people would smile more, laugh more, think more of the influence their words and actions have on people.
I would be lying to you if I told you I didn't cry in this book. I actually started bawling at the end of the book. It was a great way to start my weekend. Buy it!
Just as an aside, I have read 4 books (a lengthy number of pages into them) that I gave up because I didn't love them. I am only brave enough to name one of them. The other three will remain a secret because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. If you look at my previous posts, you will see at least one of them. 
Have a great weekend. Here's to a little more kindness.

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment