Monday, September 3, 2012

Book #22 and 23 of 2012-Done!

I found this lovely little gem under the "Daily Deals" tab in the Amazon store. I follow Sarah Pekkanen on twitter, and I have heard a lot of great things about her work. When I went to see Jennifer Weiner in Pasadena, she recommended Sarah's work, and I trust her judgment. So, I decided to start here. I am so glad that I did. Skipping a Beat was a book about a girl who's life is changed dramatically by her husband's near-death experience. It was a perfect book to teach you that money is not everything (we all need reminding), and it is so important to realize that before it is too late. The story line is engaging, and it quickly draws you in. I would say it is definitely a -BUY IT

Speaking of Buy it! books, this one falls into that category. I plan to do everything in my power to meet these two at some point in my life! They have a new young adult book coming out "Over You." I will definitely be picking that one up after indulging in this juicy read. For a long time Us Weekly was the only thing I read (ok, that just flew out of my mouth, and I am embarrassed to admit that). However, it's true, gossip mags were all I turned to for reading. I remember when Brittany Spears had her mental breakdown, and when she shaved her head and jammed an umbrella into a paparazzi's car. Crazy! Well, Britt was their muse, and this book will not disappoint if reading about that is up your alley. I also follow them on twitter. Love those two girls! 

Buy 'em!
Hope you had a fabulous Labor Day weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment