Thursday, January 3, 2013

I Funny

I finished this book on my own (meaning I didn't read it with my 9 year-old). My son and I laughed through Middle School, The Worst Years of my Life, also by James Patterson. I write about it HERE. This book is about a boy who is in a wheelchair, and is a prospective comic. He decides to try out for a "Funniest Kid Comic" contest, but cannot get over the fear of bombing his performance. Readers will be hinged on wondering whether or not he is actually going to perform. Will he or won't he?

To add a problem, the main character lives with his aunt and uncle, and their children. Eventually you learn his back-story, and it sheds light on his behavior, and why he always jokes around rather than be serious. Admittedly, this wasn't my favorite book of his I have read, but it would engage the reader thoroughly enough to stick with the story. The illustrations truly are the best. Young readers will understand Patterson's somewhat advanced language by being provided the illustrations as a companion. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment