Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It's Wednesday-What's in the Little Free Library?

Today, I'm starting a new feature where I drop a book into my Little Free Library for someone to snatch up, and share it here. That way, you can decide if it is worth the trip or not. The book I am putting in the L.F.L today was a true page-turner. It was featured on She Reads, and you'll want to get your hands on this one as soon as possible, and pass it on to your friends. Today's LFLW (Little Free Library Wednesday) selection is The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. Here's my take on the book:


This is the first book of Liane Moriarty's that I have read, and I'm a fan! Do you believe in the idea that everything is destiny? Do you believe that your fate can be decided in a moment's notice? I believed that before reading this book, and realize just how many moments in my life could have been changed by an instantaneous decision. Would I be able to resist the temptation to read a letter addressed to me, to read only upon my husband's death? That's exactly how The Husband's Secret begins. With a letter. A letter that Cecelia's husband does not want her to read until he is dead. When Cecelia decides to open the letter even though John-Paul is not dead, what unfolds is a story so complicated that you won't want to do anything else until you find out what happens! Rachel Crowley is a widower who has also lost her teenaged daughter. Janie Crowley was murdered, and Rachel is convinced she know just who the murderer is. She'll see to it that Janie's death is avenged if it is the last thing she does. Does Rachel have the right suspect? Tess O'Leary has been shattered by a revelation by her husband, and sends her running into another man's arms. Does Tess have the courage to reunite her family? Is she choosing what is best for her? Or, will she make a decision simply to appease her family life?  The lives of these families are woven together so precisely by the author that you are invested in the outcome. You can readily see yourself in their shoes, and dare to imagine the possibilities of their scenarios in your own life.  A superb read! 

E-mail me at mellsimons@gmail.com for the address to my LFL! xo 

5 comments:

  1. I love this feature, and sounds like your LFL is going well. I just adore the idea, but I have no clue as to where I could do one. I loved this book too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a couple pop up in our area, and it always warms my heart. You may have one near you without knowing it! It is so much fun for an avid reader to have their own library. A dream come true, really!

      Delete
  2. Love how this one begins. I can't wait to read "The Husband's Secret." Thank you for the great review! I just finished another good book, which is a historical romance entitled, A Thousand Years of Johnny Von, by Edith M. Cortese. There are 8 historical/future vignettes + plus present day as the main character strives to get to know a celebrity, Johnny Von, with a surprise yet pleasant ending. Loved it! http://www.trumpetboypress.com/

    ReplyDelete