Friday, July 10, 2015

"It" Book Failure

"It" books are a publishing house's dream! A book you can't keep on the shelves, and that everyone has heard of-we are talking about readers and non-readers. Everyone knows the "it" book of the moment. What happens when the "it' book of the moment is a huge flop for you? I, for one, become embarrassed to admit to anyone that I didn't like it? Will everyone question my sanity, and wonder what is wrong with me? Why would I give some fluffy Women's Fiction novel 5 stars on Goodreads, but the "it" book  just passes with a meh? You know what? It's okay. We don't all love the same books and that is all right! I'm going to share some "it" books that didn't cut it for me, and some that really hit the target!



"It" Books that hit the target


"It" books that missed the Target
One word-Nope.

What say you, readers?




3 comments:

  1. I had a sort of It book moment when I was disappointed by Anne Tyler's new book this year, A Spool of Blue Thread. It was just ok for me, and I love her previous books. I planned an bought the book and then...pfft, sad making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to someone rave about Judy Blume's latest... While I just didn't feel it. Also Girl On a Train didn't do "it" for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita-isn't that so disappointing? Another book everyone raved about was Emily St. John Mandel's Station Eleven, and I just could not get in to that book! I also love dystopian books, but that one was just lagging for me!

    Nancy-you will have to wait until Friday to see what I thought of The Girl on the Train! You are not alone in your assessment of the new Judy Blume. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete